Monday, October 31, 2011

8-31-11 Love

On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a Halloween party.  During the event, I was flirted with by many people, as I also flirted.  It was a lot of fun and it was good for my ego.  However, there was one person that I had flirted with previously that said they would call, and had previously mentioned that they were in the middle of mid-terms.  I had posted about this person and another one previously.
Today, I post that I am still confused with some people.  This person was all over me that evening, and we said and did things that were fun.  I, however, was also very clear with what my feelings are for this person, and while they seem to reciprocate, it also seemed later after not hearing from them, that they are all talk and no action.  This really sucks!  We all put ourselves out there at some time, and most of the time, it does not work.  But, why can’t people be honest with themselves and others?
I am at the point that I really can’t date anyone, as I had mentioned before, I can’t really see myself inviting someone back to my storage unit for a sleep over, or dinner.  Plus, the money is not there.  Let’s face it; it’s not cheap to date these days…lol.
But, at the same time, I want to be clear about my feelings, so that if they are interested in some extent, then they will either work with it, or if they are not interested, then say no.  But to act and to say things that lead a person on is just not right.
The other issue is also where I meet people.  Let’s face it; there are not many good healthy places to meet people these days.  Bar’s and friends are about it.  Friends mean well, but they really don’t know you enough to select your future spouse.  Bar’s are about drinking and one night stands more than about meeting your future spouse.  So, you go on with life, and meet people in various places, not sure if you can really flirt with them for you don’t know if they are married, seeing someone, etc.  And then you run into those who want a sexual encounter, but not a romance, that’s another headache all together.
On a spiritual level, yeah, I know, the person that I have chosen to be with will come when we have chosen it to happen.  Until then, I really shouldn’t get frustrated and annoyed, but just enjoy everyone I meet.
Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment