Monday, October 24, 2011

10-24-31 Day 31

I made it through the weekend in overall pretty good shape.  Friday was a little rough only because I was discovered in my storage unit by another two unit renters.  So far, nothing had been said to me, so hopefully they didn’t say anything to the property staff.  Time will tell.
I did run into a friend Friday night who did not know of my situation.  He was speechless when he found out.  He did recover and said if things get too rough to call him.  Let’s hope it never gets ‘too rough’.  I did thanked him for his kindness and let it go at that.

In the mean time, I ran into one of two people I am currently found of.  They said hello, gave me a kiss and said they were in the middle of Mid-Terms.  I suspect it was there way of saying ‘don’t give up on me,’ but It may have also have been me hanging on to hope.
As for the second person, I have not heard from them since our phone conversation when we agreed to talk by phone and to schedule a meeting.  They did make it clear that the Baseball play offs and World Series games did have priority and everything they scheduled was around those games.  Seriously, not even a phone call?  Well I was warned ahead of time.  By the end of the week, I shall see if they call.
I was at the Texas Book Festival passing out book markers and promoting the company the best I could.  I shall see this week if it was a good investment of time and money.
Things are very tight right now on the money front and I anticipate it changing slightly soon.  I hope so, I have book orders pending and I need some good sales this holiday season.
Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment