Monday, October 3, 2011

10-3-11 #2

In a previous posting I had commented on what a psychic had said, “He has to go through this.”  Yeah, I still think that sucks, big time!
So being the writer that I am, with a wonderful imagination, my mind wonders back to that statement.  Ok, I have to experience this, why?  Who was I to meet through this?  What am I to learn from this experience?  Am I to write something that changes the world, even in a small way?  Etc.
It’s the not knowing part that gets me.  I can be so impatient at this and I know that’s one of my lessons, “Chill Out!”
As I meet people now more than ever, I ponder the question, why?  Is this meeting part of my current experience?  Why do I need to know this person or that one?  Sometimes I get so caught up in my questioning, wondering mind, I forget to let go and to simply enjoy meeting them, enjoy the moment.
And here in lies the main problem of going to a psychic.  They will tell you something, good bad or indifferent about your present situation or the future and just because they told you, it can then change.  It may or may not happen.  It may or may not change how it happens, or what the impact will be.  Thus, by me knowing this; “I have to go through it,” changes things.  Instead of just being in the moment, I think “why?” and it changes the moment, the outcome.
Here’s an example:
I talked with Marcy for three hours.  Was I meant to?  Was I to meet her to help find an investor for my business?  Would she be an investor?  Would her story be the help I needed to get out of my current situation?  Thus, did I want to listen to her stories because they were answering and insightful? Or, because it was my mind focused on a way out of where I was.
Then there is the issued; did I miss meeting someone else who could have been my way out?  And it could go on and on.  Thus, my mind wondering instead of just enjoyment of the moment?
Buddhist have said, “Just be in the Now and all will happen as it is meant to be.”  Harder then hell to do when your moment is a moment in hell.  And yet there again, your moment of hell  is exadurbated because you are not in the moment.  Your mind is everywhere but in the moment.  Thus, the answer you seek may be right in front of you if you only slowed down and smelled the roses.

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment