Monday, October 31, 2011

10-31-11

Happy Halloween!  I have been homeless for over a month and now well into the Fall weather and the Holidays.  What will the following days and weeks bring to me?
On a good note, I was able to “Borrow from Peter to pay Paul,” as the saying goes, and pay for November rent on my storage unit.  That is good…lol  It cost me an extra amount, but hopefully, it was worth it in the longer term.
The weekend was full of interesting events, and for that reason, I will break the postings down into smaller ones to help with the flow and the interest.  What I will say here is that as I go through this event in my life, I do my best to not look or act homeless.  That means, I wash my clothes as and keep them as clean as possible.  I make sure I keep my gym membership so I can shower daily, and thankfully, help me work out and relive some stress as well.  Thus, when I talk to someone in person, I don’t want them to know I am homeless by my looks or actions.  I will, if I so choose will tell them that I am homeless.  Homelessness is not something to be proud of, and it is not something that I wish for anyone, unless they want it and there are plenty of people happy to do so.  But for myself, and the millions of others that are caught in this situation, I pray to God that something changes soon in our politics, and our mental consciousness to share the wealth and to make all living beings healthier, happier people.
Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment