Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10-10-11 #2

I know better than to judge others and yet I find myself doing just that.  It’s as if the little things or even none existing things to others are staring at me dead on and pushing my buttons.  Here are a few examples.
Crossing the street:  Why do parents with small children find it necessary to cross a street anywhere?  If they do cross in a crosswalk that has a light, nine out of ten times they ignore it and cross against the single.  The lessons they are teaching the child are bad enough, but to clearly endanger the child – that is in sane!  That alone makes me wonder if they are qualified to raise children.
Smokers: I am thrilled that you cannot smoke in bars and restaurants.  I grew up with a two pack a day smoker so I am sure the second hand smoke has damaged me in some way.  Regardless of the past damage, I really don’t want to be around someone smoking.  I don’t like the smell.  I don’t like breathing it and my arrogant little ass does not want to change my health because of someone else’s bad habit or self killing binge.
So here is my issue:  When someone is smoking at a bus stop, why is it that they cannot move away from the many others at the stop who are not smoking?  Why is it that we have to inhale their smoke?  Then when they get on the bus, we have to smell them.  And trust me the smell fills the entire buss.  Disgusting!
Here is another quirk I find confusing.  Why is it that most smokers cannot or choose not to find a proper place for their cigarette butts?  Here in Austin on a tourist street known as “6th Street”, most smokers are force d be out on the sidewalk to do their thing.  The street is littered with cigarette butts each night.  While some bars provide ash trays or cans for their butts, it doesn’t stop their customers from trashing the streets.  Why?
Finally for this post, my last two cents worth; Body Order.
I fully understand the cultural differences from race to race, count5ry to country about bathing and I have learned to respect those differences.  But there is a limit.  When in public, a person should be respectful of others; yeah, I know, that thought has nearly disappeared from our human concept.  Still, there should be limits.
When I ride the bus, the last thing I want to suffer from his someone who smells so bad that you would swear their smell not only lingers in your nostrils fro hours, but also on your clothing.  There have been a few occasions that the smell from someone has gagged me enough to force me off a bus.  While on most occasions, I can handle a smelly person long enough to get to my destination, their smell lingers and that freaks me out in fear that some9one I will be meeting or standing next to will smell t he ord3er and think it is I who stinks.
This type of odor is worst then a cigarette smoker for you cannot put a single word to it that describes the smell.  Body odor, cigarette smoke, alcoholic and so forth only scratches the surface of this offending smell.  And yes, the majority of these offenders are the homeless.  To me these are the hard cases that may very well require a healing or long term housing care facility.  Thus, I am mixed with judgment for their smell and heartache for their condition.
God, I beg of you, don’t let me end up as one of them!
Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment