Saturday, October 29, 2011

10-29-11

On Thursday as I sat at the library PC typing in my latest blog, a reporter from KXAN (CBS) was asking people if they do job search using the computer.  I responded and said I could answer her questions from two points of view.  We sat down in a quiet area and she interviewed me.  I advised her of my homelessness, job searching and trying to keep my business alive.  I felt it was a good interview and I hope she does use it in some way.  As of this morning (Saturday) I have not seen anything on TV, which is not really a surprise since I hardly get to watch any considering my situation...lol

In the mean time, I keep trying to find a way to pay my storage unit, a possible source of income may have come through which will allow that to happen, but I have to wait a few days to see if it does.  I keep the faith that it will all work out.

An author or mine, Dennis Matranga and I went to Occupy Austin on Thursday night to try and get some press for his book.  We were able to get him on a live feed for their web site, so that was good.  We also left a copy of the book their in their free library.  What is interesting is that what Dennis's book "American Me?" is about, is exactly what Occupy Wall Street is all about.  It was nice to see that we had the book out in eBook format long before Occupy had happen.  I hope we get some of the credit...lol

I had mentioned in one of my last postings of a friend who wanted to send money to me.  I had encouraged her not to for I felt her family would need it.  Well, she was not going to hear that. She is sending me some anyways...lol  I GREATLY appreciate it!  But, I have to be honest, I'm not using many of the free services for the homeless unless I absolutely have to.  I don't want to take from others who made need the free services more then I do.  I do have some money, though a small amount flowing in and out and it is that I use to keep me alive and going.  Therefore, why should I use other services when I don't need to?  I'm not being heroic or selfish, I just don't want to take away from others.  Too many people are in need of help, and it saddens me to see our Government not doing anything about it.  What little they have done is just that, little and not nearly enough.  Instead, billions will be used on campaigns to elect a new President...something is so wrong with that!

Life goes on...I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment