Friday, October 21, 2011

10-21-11 Day 29

Howdy!  It’s been a couple of days of me working through my illness, it was sinus issues and now that I am over it, I can try to get refocused on what needs to be done.  Saving my business is one of the main aspects.
This weekend is the Texas Book Festival.  My company had submitted 25 books for their review and even though a couple of them got great reviews from the press  and one even won a couple of awards, all of them were refused.  Simply put, none of them had a big name attached to it or huge marketing budgets.  Thus, to TBF, they didn’t see a draw so they couldn’t make money from my authors, thus, there is no reason to invite the authors to attend.  So much for the TBF being created to promote Texas Authors, Books and reading.  As with everything these days, it’s all about the MONEY!  I will be passing out information in front of the gates at the Texas Book Festival regardless of their desires.  I need to keep my business alive for so many more reasons than just myself.
There are other events going on in the city as well this weekend that I do hope to enjoy in some way. 
This morning I was just barely awake when one of the other storage unit renters came in close to my unit and began getting things out.  This alarmed me as my door may look locked, it is not and anyone who studies the lock closely would realize that and open the door.  Me lying down on my makeshift bed is not what they need to be seeing, well they don’t need to see anything in there at all.  I just don’t need to be exposed as living in there.  So I quickly got dressed as quietly as I could, get everything together for my gym run and as soon as I heard sounds of them walking away, I jumped out, unlocked my lock and locked up my unit.  I was unseen from them, and on my way out of the building.  Too close for call.  I DO NOT like this at all!
Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment