Monday, October 17, 2011

10-17-11 Day 25

Howdy, it’s been a busy weekend.  I did the Occupy Austin march on Saturday and attended the AIDS Walk on Sunday.
It was a good turnout for the AIDS march with Greg Louganis as the Honoree Chair.  The group was able to raise beyond its goal which is always good.  I got my annual HIV test which was negative.  30 years plus of negative test and going strong.
The Occupy Austin march was larger in attendance and the results were very strong the day of the march with over $200 grand taken out of Chase and Bank of America accounts and moved to local credit unions and smaller local banks.   A clear and decisive move that has an immediate impact.  Hopefully other cities did just as well if not better.
Slowly Occupy is getting organized and making a difference, I wish them well.
Life goes on..I go on





No comments:

Post a Comment