Friday, October 7, 2011

10-7-11 #3

I have made reference a few times to the fact that when I became homeless many people have shared their struggles with me.  Some on the verge of losing their homes, some going through medical issues causing them to lose their jobs, etc. 
Today I received an email from one of my Author’s who of course shall remain nameless for their own protection.  She has been very supportive of my struggle by giving kind words of encouragement which I have always appreciated.  And yet, in her short statement she is only steps away from where I am, and even in worst shape since she has a family.
Here is what she wrote:
…we have our personal battles but no one should go without decent shelter/food/medical care....not in American. That's my cause and for the world...but on a personal level.... I still have shelter but food and medical care is tough to come by. I am kind of afraid. With what's happened to you and a lifelong friend near homeless and my kids with just the shirt on their backs....not homeless but Alan I am scared and staying in focus. I am staying in focus and you are helping me too and I thank you so dearly for this.
My heart goes out to her and the many others that I work with.  And at the same time, it reinforces that what I am doing is for a greater cause.  NO ONE should have to be going through any of this BS and the sooner ALL Americans realize how big corporations and our politicians are causing this, the sooner change will come. 
My dedication to my authors and artist remains high, I cannot afford to lose my business not for myself, but for them.  Their dream for a better life is just as valid as anyone’s and I continue to help make that possible.

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment