Monday, October 3, 2011

10-3-11 Day 11

While my previous day had been relaxing and enjoyable, this day provided to be us as interesting.  I was able to find the light bulb socket addition I had wanted for the storage unit.  Now I can hook up an extension cord inside the unit.  Hopefully, I will be able to access some computer information, charge my phone, etc.  All issues that I have found vital to my sanity.  Now I will have to figure out how to keep the motion sensors on to avoid the power going off while I am on my PC.  Can’t afford to lose my PC to power outages or electrical impulses.
I was out once again at my new watering hole last night.  It was crowded much more then I had expected due to a special event.  It was fun overall.  The key event of the evening was meeting a particular person.  I had seen them before and while I admired their beauty, it was because of that beauty that I never approached them.  To me they are part of those “Pretty People”.  Though I had become an acquaintance to a couple of their friends, I kept a distance and just admired them from afar.
But an opportunity presented itself last night that allowed me to talk to them.  I am thrilled that I did meet them.  Not only was our conversation enjoyable, it also allowed for a wide range of topics and that to me is important.  It went beyond the usual what do you do, where do you live, etc.  What was also nice is that I had made it clear to them that while I was enjoying our conversation; I understood that they had to go talk to their friends who had just arrived.  They appreciated that and commented that they would be back to talk some more.  Well, I’ve heard that line a few million times, 95% of the time they don’t come back for a variety of reasons.  I did not, to say the least, expect for them to come back.
Off they went and off I went doing my best to not be in their line of sight as I knew I would enjoy watching them having fun and smiling that beautiful smile of theirs.  The last thing I wanted was for them to feel like I was stalking them.  And yet, every time I moved to a find a new spot, their eyes found me.  I finally gave up trying to ‘hide’ and just found an empty spot on a wall, plopped myself up against it and watched the many people in the bar having fun.
It was not long after that that they came up to me to continue talking with me.  I was pleasantly pleased to say the least.  But, what was more interesting was when they approached, they managed to say something that made me smile, laugh and blush all at once.  The comment then given was, “There’s that sexy smile of yours.”  That made me blush like a school girl
In that moment of joy came back the sadness of my reality.  I couldn’t date them.  It did not stop me from learning more about them for I was pleasantly surprised about their depth, humility and wishes for their life.  This was someone who I would want to date, to get to learn more about and even possibly fall in love with.  But being homeless has its limits and dating someone appears to be one of them.

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment