Friday, September 30, 2011

9-30-11 Day 8

Last night a friend of mine helped me move some of my stuff into storage.  Prior to that, I had taken him to dinner for two reasons:  First to at least treat him to dinner for his help in the move; second to explain what was going on.

We had not known each other for very long and while there is a bond of friendship growing, I felt that full disclosure was in order.  My reality was that I felt he lived in a world of safety and security, a bit lacking to real life drama.  And boy, am I the one to shake that world up.  Yes, I know, how arrogant of me to think and do that…hey, I felt right by doing it.

I told hi8m what had been going on not only recently but a little bit of my past which does have an imp0act on my present.  He was shocked to say the least.  I was clearly an eye opening experience for him with lots of red flags waving and I get all of those fear issues.  Most of us live in our own closed off world clueless to what is going on outside our security zone, me included.

After the move I was left to po0nder where to sleep.  I actually was heading off to my park bench at one point.  But while sitting and waiting for the bus, the wind picked up a bit and it was chilly.  It was still in the upper 70’s and would remain that way all night, but the thought of sleeping in my storage unit came to mind.  How would I do it so that no one walking by the unit would know I was in there?

It is against the rules to sleep in there, or to do anything bu7t store things.  I was already going to be violating the rules working out of there as it was.  I have to do something to keep things alive and moving.

I did manage to sleep in it for about six hours.  It was so damn hot and stuffy I had woken up a few times sweating like a pig.  Other than that, a hard floor bed is also no fun.  Thankfully, I had my comforter and two pillows to sleep with.  It make the night bearable.  Once up, I was off to the gym and the start of my day.

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment