Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9-27-11 Day 5

My friendly park bench and I had enjoyed each other’s company again last night.  As hot has it had gotten during the day, I honestly had expected it to be warmer during the night.  Oh was I chillingly wrong.  I had arrived at the bench by the lake at 9:30 PM.  Slept really well until 3:45 AM until that cool lake breeze once again had made itself known.  By 4:15 AM, I gave up trying to sleep.  Which wasn’t a bad thing overall.

Once awake, I pulled myself together and headed off to the gym for my morning workout and shower.  By 6:30 AM I was ready for my day; how to kill time…lol

Waiting for the mail to arrive was my main concern for today.  Waiting for the first chunks of change to arrive so I could order books and keep the business going.

In the mean time, I check emails and went to my second park bench where I had taken my day nap.  I finished reading a book entitled “Just beyond the Curve” by Larry E. Huddleston and had the opportunity to feed a squirrel.

It was a treat to have the squirrel come within six inches of me to get its food of rice and fruit from the healthy fruit bar that I was feeding it.  Though it was cautious and moved away every time I made a move, it was still hungry enough to get close to me.  A simple act of kindness that I performed for it was returned to me by allowing the pleasure of feeding it.

On a side note, I am already looking like one of the crazy homeless people.  As I feed the squirrel I was from time to time talking to it.  Telling it in my most soothing voice I could that it was safe and ok to come close to me as it eat.

Now I know that words by themselves mean nothing to an animal, but I am convinced that the tone used, the almost musical notes used, could make an impact on an animal.  I’ve seen it too many times how it has worked before with horses, dogs and cats.  It’s not what you say as it is your intentions which are clearly displayed by your tone and energy you put out.  Crazy looking or not, I wanted that squirrel to feel safe with me.

Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment