Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9-25-11 Day 3

What an interesting nigh5t I had.  It was my first night of sleeping on a park bench.  Considering it still feels like summer here with 100 degree weather during the day, last night was downright chilly.  I woke up a few times freezing from the cool breeze off the small lake.  Between that and having to piss every hour, I didn’t get much sleep.  I believe a total of three hours for the night.

I wanted very much to keep sleeping as much as I could before the sun rose that was not going to happen.  Joggers were up and running by me at 6 A.M. and I could hear them has they ran on the track nearby.  Luckily, it was dark enough that I don’t believe any of them could see me.  I didn’t want them startled with me sleeping nearby.

Once I got up, I began what may become a routine.  I walked over to the gym about three miles away.  I did a small workout, showered and continued my day; finding a place to get more sleep.

I did manage to find a park that was quiet and a nice park bench under a tree hidden by the sun.  Another two hours of sleep came my way.

Now it’s a matter of killing time once again.  I would love to go see a movie, any movie, but can’t justify spending the money.  Need it for the possibility of getting a super cheap room for the night.  Can’t take the chance of rejection again at a bar and being left to a park bench tonight.  I need my sleep for my state of mind and my health.

A short work out another shower and a beer bust lies ahead of me.  Tomorrow I’ll be able to check in on what shelters are available and if they worth the effort right now.

Life ones on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment