Friday, September 30, 2011

9-30-11 #3

In my previous postings, I had eluded to my current situation.  I think it’s time to start laying out all of the various items that are contributing factors to my homelessness.   I will not go into all of them in this posting; instead, I will cover one at a time to keep the postings clear and short.

In 2000 I was involved in a car accident.  I will not go into all the facts as to how and why it happened, that is unimportant at this time.  What I will go into is as follows: the old concept of being punished only once for something legally that you did illegally, does not apply anymore.
I did not contest the charge of “intoxicated manslaughter,” not because I was guilty, I actually wasn’t.  I did not contest it because someone died due to my error.  Having suffered when my mom was run over by someone who was intoxicated, I understood what the family of the victim was going through.  To drag it out in court would only add to the family’s misery.  The sooner they could move on with their life, the faster they could heal.

I also wanted to have this behind me as well.  Life does go on for everyone who is involved.

However, no matter how much you are punished by the government and others, it’s never enough, nor over.  This now criminal item on my record, wither an accident or not is keeping me from getting a job.  It doesn’t matter if it’s for Wal-Mart or the Government, both of which are full of criminals…(sorry bad joke).  I cannot even qualify to get a license in over 300 specialty fields now.  In effect, I continue to get punished for the rest of my life for what happened over 10 years ago.  It doesn’t matter if I did all my time in prison, probation, parole, whatever the case was.  Society feels they are better than God and therefore must continue to punish me!

I take a deep breath as…

Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment