Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9-26-11 #2

I began to learn a few things about the homeless life today.  I figured out where use of a computer could be found for free – the public library.  You only get a total of two hours per day and they are as slow as molasses, but it’s free and that is always good.

So I set up my blog, managed to get a few entries posted and checked my email.  Not much mail, but one good piece made my day.  Anoth4er $200 plus was coming my way soon.  This helps a great deal in keeping my business alive.  Very good piece of email!

While at the library, I ran into someone who I had worked with and who I had tried to work with me on the business.  As of that morning his mother had kicked him out of her house.  A mixture of surprise by what had happened, but yet not surprised by it.  No matter how many times I tried to help him earn money working, he always seemed to blow it off.  So was he the main contributor to his homelessness – not wanting to work?

We chatted briefly and he did tell me that someone from our church was going to let him crash on their sofa, so that was good.  He wasn’t totally homeless.

As for myself, I am at a lost for where I will sleep tonight.  Park bench again?  Probably.  No money today, waiting on what is coming to me.  And even if it had come in, I have to spend it on the business.  Keep it alive; keep the flow of money moving, even if it is a very small amount right now.

Life goes on…I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment