Monday, November 7, 2011

11-7-11 Update

11-7-11 Updates

The weekend was very quiet for the most part, which is always good.
I attended an event for the homeless to see about resources available to me.  There were medical services for me to check out and also services for going back to school, which I had thought would be nice.  Though, to be honest, not sure I would have the time to do so, and since it has been so very long since I had been in any school, not sure how well that will work out.  Ok, yes, those are negatives that I have created, and yes, if I set my mind to it, I know I can do it.  The key for me is still keeping my business alive.  While I am beginning to see some of my authors abandon me and their projects, there are still many more that want me to succeed as much as they want to.  For them, if nothing else, I keep moving forward.
The event for the homeless was well attended and they did have other services available for them; clothing, haircuts, legal aid and of course food.  All of which I feel that most of them did appreciate.  The one thing I did notice from the various conversations I heard, was that at this year’s event was not as big as last years.  Apparently some other services where not there.  No doubt due to the cut back in funds and donations that so many non-profits are experiencing this year.
I was grateful for what little I did receive and enjoyed.  I’m sure many others were as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment