Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Vacation Time


Recently I submitted a nominee to Ellen DeGeneres TV show...a Vacation to Australia as part of her show. The nominee was me. While there is no doubt I could and would love a vacation of any type that is paid for, I have to admit that it feels strange in so doing. Yes, I've had a rough two years. Yes, I've lost a lot. But, I know I'm not alone, so why should I nominate myself? Do I deserve to win? Did I suffer worst then someone else? NO!
When I walk into a soup kitchen, or down a street in some areas, I see people who are in worst shape then I am. Has I work on reorganizing my business, I know that I am blessed in many respects to be able to even do a business. When I go to bed and sleep in my storage unit, I am reminded every night that I am not out in the freezing cold, or crime ridden streets, I have a place to sleep. I have some form of money coming in to help keep me moving forward. So many people don't have it as good as I do.
Yes, I would love a vacation, even to a country that's on my 'want to visit' list. Yes, it would be great to sleep in a hotel bed, or eat a normal meal. Yes, it would be GREAT! But it's not necessary compared to getting into my own place, to be earning an income on a regular basis. Yes, I would love to have an experience that is uniquely Australia, but having a normal life would be even better.
So when Ellen's team chooses someone to win that trip, I sincerely hope that person really deserves it compared to me, or anyone one else who is suffering or going through a rough time. Don't let me down Ellen!
Life goes on...I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment