Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Romance:

Ah, can there be such a thing as romance for a homeless person?  I mean really, what is it that I have to offer someone?  Yes, I know, love is not money or wealth.  Love is not physical beauty or strength.  Love is something that does not cost anything and can and should be given as freely as possible.  I get that.  But, here is the thing.  In order for me to ‘find’ my love or even to ‘fall’ in love with someone, you have to be able to go out into the public and do things; like a date!  That is still the crux for me, lack of funds to have my own apartment, let alone to go out on a date.

So while I continue to meet a lot of great people, I have gotten to the point of putting road blocks up on love and romance.  And that is NOT fair.  By shutting myself off, I am preventing love from coming freely to me. 

Therefore, while I try to get out and do things as inexpensively as possible, it is great to meet people.  To open up my horizons enough that maybe, the right person will come along.  And yet, there is that wall that I have up to avoid having to tell someone that I am homeless.

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment