Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Yen/Yang of Life

Things are slowly improving in my life and I very happy with what is happening.  I have bought an SUV, it’s older and not great on gas, but it’s something that I can work with on payments, ins., etc.  Thus, it’s mine and it adds hours to my day, and more fun to my life…lol

Now with that being said, I have experienced the third break in to the storage unit property in four months.  The break-in’s in of them self are not bad, they don’t get to my unit, which is always good.  But the fact that I am the one calling 911 is a bit nerve racking.  Sooner or later, the property management is going to finally click that I am living there, and they will have to through me out.  While things are improving, the money is increasing, and the opportunity to move into a better housing situation is getting closer, I’m just not there yet.  Thus, I can’t afford to loose what I have at the moment.

Recently, I had a discussion with a spiritual teacher that indicated that they would always want to life in joy and happiness, more then fear and anger, which on the outset is great.  But in the discussion, I was saying that I just wanted to live in balance.  Thus, not giving too much energy to one or the other, but to acknowledge each of them for what they were and to just be.

This concept I was discussing is based on my small amount of knowledge of Buddhism, living a life of balance.  Now, while I deal with the break-in, which can be negative, I also deal with getting a vehicle, which can be positive.  So it’s the yen/yang of our world…good and negative always finding a balance between the two of them.  That’s where I want to be.  Not going up and down on a rollercoaster, but feeling the middle road of life.  Being at peace as each item comes along and I deal with it as needed, but not giving into the high or lows…the rollercoaster of life.

Is that wrong?

Life goes on…I go on

No comments:

Post a Comment